Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 6...Korean BBQ

Today, I really didn't cook anything. It was a day of running around and putting my "geek squad" tendencies to work for my mother-in-law (MIL). With a big cup of sun tea green team in hand, Brian and I drove to visit my MIL and I ate some of my leftover homemade oatmeal on the way.

We were visiting until about 2pm, so when we left I was HUNGRY. I told Brian and I needed to eat and I needed to eat soon. We were going to go to Chili's but, Mackenzie said she would meet us, so we went to Gogi House Korean BBQ. It is a place were you BBQ your own meat. That was a good alternative for me with this new way of eating. We had Kalbi beef and some apple pork and some Korean wine. I also had this different type of  rice dish that is called Bibimbap that was mixed on the table in a stone pot. It was really yummy. Now, I will find a recipe for it and make it at home, maybe with quinoa, yes, that's a thought. 

Bibimbap in a hot stone pot

Mackenzie and I went shopping to stock up on some more fruits and veggies. I'm gonna make some paleo chili tomorrow for my boys. That will keep them happy for a couple of days.

Dinner for me consisted of a bit of Mikey's baked potato and some turkey keilbasa sausage. After dinner, I squeezed a huge bag of my MIL's meyer lemons to make some homemade lemonade with stevia in the raw as the sweetener. It is really yummy and it will be a great alternative to the green tea. 

Tomorrow I will make a huge pot of paleo chili for the boys while the boys are at a golf tournament and my baby girl is at a bonfire. 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Until tomorrow,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment