Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 112...October 5th

Day 112
I've decided that since I have been such a slacker blogging lately, that I would start posting the date, instead of the day number to head my posts. I don't want to be a slacker, but it seems to be that I am falling into that pattern. I seemed to have fallen off the bandwagon of healthy eating. I really want to get back to it, and I will, but until I do it embarrasses me to share my bad eating.  Just sharing that helps me. I really think it does help. When I know that someone is reading this blog and knowing that I am doing good and bad things help to keep me accountable.  I find that lately, I am all about keeping my kids eating well, but not necessarily myself. Does that make sense? I want them to have all of the nutrients they can get to succeed during their day, but for me, I don't put that much effort. I take the easy way out. I have an obsession with Mexican food. I have been being pretty good when it comes to eating GF, but not always. As we all know, just because it is GF doesn't necessarily mean it is good for you.

I have had some major foot issues that I made worse by going on a nice walk with my friend. I really wanted to get out and walk, but it has set me back with more pain in different parts of my foot. Ugh! Off to the podiatrist I go on Tuesday. It feels as if I have a stress fracture, but I hope not. It's really strange how one pain can take over and the pain you feel somewhere else can disappear while you tend to the other pain. I have a gym membership and have yet to go because my feet have been in so much pain. Plantar fasciitis sucks! It really does!

Wow, I have spent this blog complaining. I don't like to be that type of person, but I guess I had to get it out. I have to stop sniveling and start stepping up and fighting for myself and my health. I must do this. Do you ever go through slumps like this? What do you do to get out of it? I have so many things to be thankful for in my life. I have a husband that works very hard and has climbed through the ranks within his career that has enabled me to stay at home with my kids from the time they were born. I have 2 children that are on the right path in life.  My daughter has exceeded my expectation for her in high school and is now waiting to find out about whether or not she was accepted into the college of her dreams. My son is getting healthy and it makes me proud everyday to see his successes. They both do well in school and I couldn't be more honored to be their mom. They are good humans that have the world at their fingertips. I have 3 dogs, 2 guinea pigs and a bearded dragon that love me.  I am now in the hands on portion of my dog obedience college and am excited to start moving forward with that adventure. All good stuff.

This blog has helped to keep me accountable on my quest to be diet coke free. I haven't had a soda for 112 days in addition to being diet coke free. This is a huge accomplishment for me. I would love to have a large icy fountain diet coke at times, but knowing that you are reading this keeps me on the right track. I don't ever want to tell you that I went back to drinking diet coke. Strange how that is so important to me, but eating large portions of fat leaden foods don't have the same committment. I need to have the same commitment. It is what I have done for so long and it is really hard to stop it. Why can't I feed myself like I feed my kids? I wake up and pack Mackenzie a huge lunch every day with 2 fruits, 2 chopped veggies, a salad, some yogurt, GF protein bar and something crunchy and GF. Why do I feel that I am not important enough to have that type of lunch or why don't I snack on food like that each day too? No idea! But, it needs to change.

The one thing that I have committed to is buying groceries and chopping up the veggies for the week that day. This has helped me to make last minute salads (like for Mackenzie's lunches) and enables me to add veggies to other dishes that I am making. I was talking to a friend of mine that is a nutritionist and she was saying that chopping veggies all at one time and keeping them handy is a great step to good nutrition. Yay! I'm on the right track. One step at a time. I have to say that the chopping of veggies has become a habit for me. I feel out of sorts if that isn't done after I go grocery shopping for the week.

I know that I haven't talked about the food that I've eaten today and I'm not gonna. Tomorrow is a new day and I will be back on track and ready to hold myself accountable again. Thank you for reading and for letting me get that all out. I really appreciate your support. By knowing that you are reading, it helps me to stay accountable to you, if I can't be accountable to myself.



Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment