Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 8th...Lazy Day

The morning came quickly and I was not happy about it. I stumbled downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee and turned on the news. Made Mackenzie a breakfast sandwich and packed her lunch. After I walked her out to her car, I woke Mikey up and made his smoothie. I made a pumpkin smoothie, per his request. Little did I find out later, he didn't like it today. He choked down a little bit of it on the way to school because I was frustrated that he would ask for a smoothie and not drink it. Whatever!  I liked it. I drank what was left after he walked into school. It was about 3/4 full.  That was my breakfast.

With my foot in the boot, I pretty much laid low today. I didn't sleep well last night, so I tried to do some resting today. I was not very lucky with sleeping, and not very productive either. I finally got myself ready for the day and picked up Mikey. We were both starving, so we went into Ralph's and each got one of their made to order deli sandwiches. It was so good. We had turkey sandwiches on marble rye (made me think of Seinfeld, Ha!)

Doesn't this look good? So good!

Mikey also bought a bag of chips that we both ate. <opps!> It is so hard to be in the grocery store when you are hungry. It becomes very easy to get food that it not always a good idea. We also bought some guacamole and tortilla chips, but didn't eat that, so yay! 

For dinner, I tried a new recipe and I thought it was a winner. My rice didn't come out perfect, but that was my fault (I used the lines on the rice cooker for water instead of measuring it out. Duh!) it was an added element to the dinner. The recipe is Clean Eating Roasted Shrimp and Green Beans. It had a kick that Mackenzie didn't enjoy, so I would scratch the cayenne pepper, it didn't necessarily make it and won't break the recipe without it. 


Roasted Shrimp and Green Beans with Brown Rice

That's all I had for the day. I am down 2.4 lbs and am happy to see the scale start to move. I hope my little bit of cheating today didn't hurt me too much.

I hope you had a great day! I will leave you with the image I saw in my mind when I ordered my marble rye sandwich.


Seinfeld's Marble Rye scene in a picture
Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment