Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 7th...One Big Meal

Today was pretty nonexistent when it comes to food. I had 2 cups of coffee, cleaned the bathroom, did some laundry and got myself ready for the day.  The kids were off of school for another day, so it was an easy day when it came to them.

I was going to be going to the podiatrist, so I thought that I should go and get my feet scraped and my toes beautified before I put my feet into the face of my podiatrist, Dr. Franson. He is such a great guy. He has been Mackenzie's podiatrist for about 9 years and has made Mackenzie the person she is when it comes to helping people. Mackenzie has major issues with her feet when she was a youngin'.  Dr. Franson helped her every "step" of the way. Hahaha! I made a silly!

Anyway, I've been battling plantar fasciitis and morton's neuroma for about a year now. I went to see Dr. Franson about 5 months ago and he shot my foot with cortisone and that helped for about 4 months.  Once it wore off, there was nothing that I could do to help it. I've been going to PT twice a week and we haven't been able to help it. I decided to go back and see what else we could do. Dr. Franson, shot my heel and the top of my foot between the 3 & 4th toes with cortisone and put me in a boot. I am hopeful that this will help reduce the pain and let my foot heal. I'm sure that my weight doesn't help it at all, which is a catch 22 since I can't really exercise with my foot in so much pain. Ugh!

After I left Dr. Franson's office, I went to the grocery store to do my "Monday" shopping on Tuesday. Having the kids off for 2 days is really screwing up my routine! I didn't chop the veggies yet, but I did get the fridge all set up and organized for the chopping that will come tomorrow. To be honest, my foot was killing me and I was exhausted.




Brian was with Chris and wanted to know if I wanted to meet him at Las Rocas. I thought that would be a good idea since I was too tired to cook. I drove over there and ordered an avocado omelet with rice and beans. I had loads of chips with table side guacamole and 2 patron margaritas (to cut the pain, per Brian's suggestion).


That is all I had to eat today. Not much, huh? I was down 1.4lbs from yesterday, so that makes me happy. I'm sure my margaritas will work against me on the scale. No doubt!

Oh ya, I ate a little after my blog was sent yesterday, I had a couple handfuls of TJ's trail mix and 2 small oranges.

I will be trying a bunch of new recipes this week. All pretty high veggie and protein, low on carbs.  I hope they are yummy!  That's all for today! I need to get myself in bed, my foot it throbbing and I am tired. It will be an early day tomorrow with the kids back at school. I hope you all had a great day! Good things are on the horizon.


Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment