Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 14th...Sesame Seed(less) Beef

Hello my friends!
Why am I starting this like a letter? No idea! Just thought I would mix it up a bit. Not much of my day was different. Coffee, the entire smoothie that I made for Mikey (he didn't even pick it up) and that was it for the morning. The rest of the day was laundry and cleaning around the house.

I was trying to figure out what I was going to make for dinner tonight and had planned on making salmon, but Mackenzie thinks that it is gross and asked me to make something else. She is always so busy, I will just make it on another night that she won't be home for dinner.

Lunch for me consisted of tortilla chips and some verde salsa and a GF granola bar. Yep! Going the healthy way today! Not!

After I picked Mikey up from school, we went to Jimmy Dean's and I got a Turkey Club Sandwich. I didn't get fries today. This is a huge accomplishment lately.

For dinner, I made a Mongolian-beef type dish called Sesame Beef, only mine didn't have sesame seeds. Why? Because it wasn't in my grocery bag from the store. I remember putting it in my cart. I wonder if the bag-guy thought of me when he finally saw that the little bag of sesame seeds were probably hanging out undetected in the bag area? Anyway, sesame seeds don't have much flavor, if any at all, so it really didn't effect the outcome of the dish. It was tasty. After cooking up the beef, I took it all out and then sautéed up some red onions and mushrooms in the juices. After they were cooked down, I added the beef back. On the side, I made jasmine rice in the rice cooker. If you don't have a rice cooker, get one, it makes life so easy!

Dinner! This picture was taken after it was in the fridge as a leftover though. I forgot to take a fresh picture. 



I just love these new bag seals. Not ziplock, more like velcro. I had to share!

After dinner, I folded some laundry and watched TV with my baby girl. The baby boy was up working on a newspaper that he procrastinated on writing. It is for To Kill a Mockingbird! We shall see how that bodes for him. Little slacker!

Mackenzie told me that she is ready for a change in her breakfast and asked if I would make her some of my crockpot oatmeal. I'm not gonna lie! I love that she craves things that I make for her. Crockpot oatmeal is a great breakfast. I normally make a big batch to last her the week in the fridge. I make it 2:1 (almond milk:oats), add some salt and brown sugar and set it to "keep warm" all night. It cooks it very slowly and isn't over cooked by the morning. I think if it was cooked on "low" it might be overcooked.
Crockpot oatmeal set up and ready to go. I shall see you in the morning, yummy breakfast!

That's all for today! Oh ya, I want to come clean that over the weekend, I had a coke. It wasn't diet coke, but it was a coke while I was at the Oregon vs. UCLA football game. I still will not drink diet coke and I know that regular coke has tons of calories, but in a moment of sitting at a football game, I ordered one. It was so good. I love and have missed the taste of a fountain drink. Still DIET COKE FREE!  I'm sorry I forgot to tell you. I wasn't hiding it, I just plain forgot! 

I hope you had a great day! Do you have any recipes to share? Please share them with me! I would love some new ideas!

Until tomorrow,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment