Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 9th..My Pace Is Slow But Steady

I keep thinking that because I am in a boot that I am invincible and can do anything. But, I am wrong. The pain is still there, just in different places. The boot is heavy and I can't relax the way I am used to doing. Wahh! What a baby, I am! Sorry! Just had to vent for a second.

Today, was a pretty normal day. Mackenzie skipped first period, so we got to wake up a bit earlier and she drove Mikey to school. That was nice. I made her breakfast and packed her lunch. Made Mikey a smoothie and they were out the door. I found myself back in bed when they left. I feel a bit guilty about it, but I was tired. Who isn't in the morning?

I slept for a little while and then started on my chores. I folded laundry, did laundry and got myself ready to be presentable outside the house. I went to Walmart to get the dry goods that I didn't get when I went to the store on Tuesday. Toilet paper, paper towels, soap, that type of stuff. After I was done there, I went to ToGo's to get sandwiches for me and Mikey. I hadn't eaten anything prior, so I was a bit hungry. I also had a small bag of Doritos. I love the #24 (turkey & avocado) at ToGo's on sourdough. Yummy! I thought I was going to need to bring Mikey to the doctor because he has been complaining about a sore throat, but the medicine I gave him for the day helped. No doctor for us today!

After I left Walmart, Mackenzie texted me and asked me to get some pillowcases for Sports Med. They put their ice packs in the pillowcases when an athlete is using it. So, after I got Mikey, I went back to WalMart. All of that walking exhausted my foot, but I am sitting now with my foot up.

We came home and I cleaned the guinea pig's cage and gave our bearded dragon, Keith, a bath. He won't poop in his cage, so I give him his baths and he poops there. Silly dragon! It does keep his cage clean without smell so I won't complain.

Keith looks like he is wearing a turtle neck that is also a muscle shirt.

It was time to start dinner. Tonight, was a new recipe called Chicken Parmesan Rice Bake. The recipe that I am linking only gives you the recipe for one serving. I didn't necessarily quadruple the servings, I just made a bunch of each thing and threw it together. I had a rotisserie chicken that was pre-cooked. I boned that and chopped it up into bite size pieces. Sautéed the chicken in olive oil and onions. Added garlic and italian seasonings. Once the onions were cooked enough, I added a can of chopped tomatoes, greek cream cheese and fresh spinach, stirring the spinach until it was wilted. I then threw in the left over brown rice that I had from last night. It is always helpful to make extra rice when cooking it for just this reason. Made my dinner much easier to make tonight. Once it was all done, I threw it all into a greased corning wear bowl, added parmesan cheese on top and baked it at 400 for 25 mins.

It doesn't look too appetizing, but it was good, filling and healthy.

Aside from iced tea and a hard cider, that is all I had today. I was surprised to see that I was down some more poundage today. I am now down a total of 4.8 lbs. I still have a long way to go, so it really isn't that great, but it is moving in the right direction and that makes me happy.

I hope you all had a great day! Tomorrow is Friday and it will be a busy day. I'm getting my hair did and that is always fun. I love my hairdresser, Kristy. She has been doing my hair since my senior, Mackenzie, was in Kindergarten. Crazy! She is a miracle worker, that's for sure! Outside of it being my hair day, it is VHS Football day too. This week, Sports Med needs some help with transportation, so I will be driving some of those babies. Love them all and I am always completely impressed with their skills.

Have a great night! I am not sure if I will be blogging over the weekend, starting tomorrow, so I may not be back until Monday. Not sure yet.

Until Monday?
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment