Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13th...Crazy Day

This morning started out like any other week day morning. Coffee, breakfast for Mackenzie and the packing of her huge lunch. I think that if anyone were ever hungry at school, they could go to Mackenzie and she would have food to spare. Crazy, I was just thinking about my drive to school this morning and I totally forgot I did it. It seems like it was so far away. That is the type of day I had.

After the kids were at school and moving on with their day, I needed to get myself moving. I found myself on the computer trying to figure out the menu for the week. This week I used the allrecipes.com website and app. It is great because you can add recipes to your shopping cart and use the app while in the store to check off your items. I wish more sites had this option because it doesn't seem like AllRecipes has tons of recipes that I want to use while trying to cook clean. Pinterest needs something like this though. Remember, you heard it here first!

While I was figuring out the menu, I made myself something to eat for breakfast. Since I had some chicken/rice left over from last week, I added some of that to scrambled eggs and enjoyed a very hearty breakfast.


I got a spur the moment call from my friend, Julie, for lunch and I was so happy that I was able to make it. In addition, our friend, Kim, joined us! Seeing their lovely faces always makes me happy.  We enjoyed a yummy Mexican lunch at Las Rocas. I had lots and lots of chips and salsa and ordered a carnitas tostada. I didn't eat the shell though, don't worry.

After I left lunch, it was time to pick up Mikey. I picked him up and headed to Ralph's because I still hadn't gotten my groceries for the week yet. Mikey walked over to get a subway sandwich while I shopped. I did some serious speed shopping. Once I was done, I walked out to there car where Mikey was listening to his music. Unloaded the groceries into the car and started the engine. Click click click! The car would not turn over. Ugh!!!!!! Car full of groceries and a car that wouldn't take me home. 

I called my friend, Chris, and he dropped his plans and came to my rescue. We got a new battery and he installed it and even made sure we checked it to make sure it wasn't my alternator. It was nice to know that I was in good hands. Thank you to Chris, and his driver, Jesse! 

I was supposed to go to my first externship class tonight, but was unable to swing it with my car issues. :(

I finally got home and organized the groceries into the fridge and started dinner. Tonight's dinner was roasted chicken thighs with red potatoes and roasted green beans. It was a whole lot of roasting. All mixed in olive oil, salt, pepper & garlic salt. The chicken was tossed in Italian dressing seasoning. It was all cooked together at 400 degrees for about 50 mins. Yummy! 



That's all for today. I am exhausted and about to head up to bed. I hope you had a great start to your week. 

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment