Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6th...I Had A Good Eating Day!

I had a good eating day because of YOU! I was not going to be a flake and have another cheating day. I was exposed to things that my weaker self would have crumbled on, but not when I have you by my side keeping me accountable.

As you may know, the kids a 4 day weekend, which makes it harder to stay on track. My boys came home last night from Indianapolis, they flew there for the Ravens vs. Colts game. Today was supposed to be a regular day but with my kids home, but Brian stayed home too. Him being home is cause for bad eating. It shouldn't be, but it is. He and our friend, Chris, tend to go to bars to eat and then there is beer and bad bar food. See what I mean? Bad choices.  Today, Mikey wanted to go out to breakfast with some friends, so he needed a ride. Since Brian was home, he suggested we go out to breakfast too (at a different restaurant, of course). As we were leaving, our friend, Chris, called and needed a ride home from the car dealership, so we picked him up and he joined us for breakfast. It was around 11am. We dropped Mikey off at IHOP and we went to Coco's. I asked for the lunch menu and ordered a cobb salad. Remember when I was addicted to that salad? That was when I was doing good things with my diet, so I thought I would jump back on that bandwagon.  I had iced tea and no coffee for the day.

Later, when I was hanging out with Mackenzie, I had some grapes. I actually stuffed myself on grapes. Yummy! More iced tea was consumed.

As for dinner, I made some GF pasta with sautéd onions, orange bell peppers, mushrooms with olive oil. After the pasta was cooked up in a separate pot, I added it to the iron skillet with the veggies. I mixed the veggies and pasta together and added some GF Barilla pasta sauce and mixed it all up with some shredded cheese.  When I served my bowl, I added cottage cheese to my bowl with my pasta and viola! Dinner was made!

GF Pasta with Fresh Veggies and Cottage Cheese

That's all for today! I am pretty proud of my good eating today. Brian and Chris wanted me to go with them to watch the MNF game, but I didn't want to tempt myself with beer or bar food, so I stayed home and made pasta. That was a good choice. I knew that I was going to make sure that I was proud to share my food for the day with you. Mission accomplished.  I hope you had a good day too!

Until tomorrow,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment