Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November 11th...Happy Veteran's Day

Veteran's day! This is a wonderful day. A day to recognize our military and all that keep us safe and living in our country of freedom. I am thankful for all that served, are serving or are considering serving.  Thank you! 

Today, the kids had the day off from school. Mackenzie and I spent the day gathering goodies for a care package we are sending to my dear friend, Kevin who is serving and has been serving since he graduated college in 1988. He is amazing and I am so proud and honored to know him. Unfortunately, we didn't plan ahead and were unable to actually mail it today because it is Veteran's Day and the post office was closed. It will have to go out tomorrow. 

Food-wise, Mackenzie and I went to Dink's by VHS and I had an omelette with meat and veggies and some potatoes and half of a bagel with cream cheese and an iced tea. I also had coffee this morning while I was getting ready, actually, Mackenzie made me coffee to get me out of bed. After all, it was a sleep-in day, my bed was comfy cozy and the clouds were out. 

After breakfast, Mackenzie and I went shopping for our care package. It was bee fun and nothing was too good for Kevin. 

For the rest of the day, I didn't eat anything except for an In & Out double-double with an iced tea. 

Brian was at the doctor and stopped on his way home and bought eclairs. What? I'm trying to be good here. Guess what? I was good!!! No eclair for me! Nope! When I got the craving for something sweet, I made a chocolate shakeology shake with a banana, peanut butter and fat free milk.  

That is it. That is all I had to eat and drink today. I am really trying to cut my calories.  Yesterday, I learned while talking to my docto, I am allergic to sulfates. The reaction is asthma and it has gotten worse in the past couple of months. When I drink I cough like a smoker. I really have to watch my alcohol. That's actually a good thing. I should take this as a positive, right?  Not such an issue with beer, but wine and mixed drinks give me a hard time at first sip. Changes have to be made. Now is the time. 


Until tomorrow,
Angela









 

No comments:

Post a Comment